Birthday Wishes

I woke up today a little bummed. Not because it's a beautiful sunny Friday, which means pretty much nothing anymore, but because Brent and I should have been on a train at 6 o'clock this morning headed to DC. We were going to see the cherry blossoms for the first time. We were going to meet up with two of my sisters and a girlfriend. We were going to celebrate the heck out of Beth's 40th birthday.

And now? We're having a virtual party tonight, which is slightly less exciting. 

I've been trying to keep it cheery around here. I know self-isolating at home when you're healthy and fed is a privilege. Brent and I are still able to work and have somehow seemed to become a better team while quarantined in this tiny little space of ours (I really hope I didn't just jinx us). 

But I was really, really, really excited about DC. I haven't been since I was like, 5, which doesn't really count. Brent's never been. We were pumped to see free museums and monuments, to bike around the tidal basin and get awesome pictures of the cherry blossoms. Beth has a friend down there with sweet tour hookups, like through the capitol building, and lots of restaurant connections. Not to mention a sick apartment where she was going to let us all crash. It would have been a celebration to remember, I have no doubt.

Hopefully we'll reschedule; it's not so long, DC, it's catch you later. On the other side of this thing, we're going to be even more excited to travel and patronize new bars and restaurants. If anything, the trip will be even better because of this setback #liesitellmyself 

Happy Birthday, Beth!!! We were so excited to share this experience with you, but there'll be laughs and excitement tonight, I'm sure. Literally cannot wait to see and celebrate you on the other side of this; first round's on Brent! errrr, I mean me ; ) 

My gift to you is a good old fashioned photo dump, which was really a gift to myself, because I had way too much fun going down memory lane.









 
it seemed fitting that Pops aka Mr. Baseball Head made it into more pictures than Brent

Comments

Yeewuz said…
You win this round, Pops.
Brigid said…
Next time we're in Syracuse are you going to fight Pops?