Five TV Shows I Could Watch Forever


You know when you have something actually interesting to blog about? How excited you are to get home and start writing? But then you come home to find the power’s gone out and the side doors to the house are blown open and water has been pooling all over the dining room for who knows how long. When it’s 55 degrees inside and the cats are going bonkers, it’s time to hit the easy button on blogging with a list of favorites. 

Hope your weekend is starting better than mine, friends. See you on the other side.

Here we have the five shows I could watch reruns of for the rest of my life and still be happy:

Seinfeld
Hands down, my favorite show ever. I don’t want to say that if you don’t like Seinfeld we can’t be friends, but…

The Office
I didn’t watch most of this show in real time, but having caught up on it all after the fact, I can confidently call it one of my favorites. Steve Carell leaving was a bit of a kick in the pants, but I still think it’s funny without Michael Scott. I’ll never turn off a rerun.

30 Rock
Again, another show I didn’t watch live, mostly because I thought I wouldn’t understand Tina Fey’s brand of humor. I don’t know why I thought this, since I love Mean Girls, but Brent showed me the error of my ways and I’ve been loving Liz Lemon ever since. 

Law and Order: SVU
Since there are no fewer than a billion episodes, I’ll never run out of options with this in my arsenal. Finn’s awesomely bad snark, the same 90’s-esque credits they’ve been running since they started in 1999, the red carpet cameo’s they parade around on screen; there are a million reasons to love this show. My number one reason? Olivia Benson. 

Modern Family
Recent seasons aren’t as good as the first few, but I’m still game for this show. The whole cast (with the exception of dead eyed Lily who can’t act for squat) is great, but I especially love Gloria and Phil.

Comments

Betsy said…
I'm pretty sure that I've watched the entirety of The Office 5 times now. You can't just watch one episode you've got to watch the whole series.
Brigid said…
@Betsy: I'm finding that to be increasingly true, I think it's going to be my new show for when I'm on the treadmill (for the third time....). Episodes are like pringles, before you know it, the whole can is gone