September Showers Bring Babies

Sarah and Beth are adorably touching Mo's belly, and I'm touching Beth's wrist; is it obvious I'm awkward AF around kids and soon-to-be kids

A week ago I was flying back from Chicago on a delayed Southwest flight. Today I'm watching new episodes of This Is Us, which is already triggering the tears and eye roll. Randall and Beth foreva, WTF are Kate and Toby doing, and Kevin is kind of the worst.

Last week with my sisters was awesome, and not just because of the Chicago hot dog scene (let's be honest, that didn't hurt). We showered Maureen, Charlie and baby girl TBD on Sunday, toured Chicago's sights on Monday, helped assemble and organize an apartment on Tuesday, and filled in any free time with eating M&Ms, arguing whether or not the couple was going to love it or list it, and planning our next ice cream stop.


I haven't been to Chicago since 2015, and I have to say I was a little taken aback by the condition of what I once thought of was a very clean city. We saw a rat scampering around in the daylight at Millennium Park, and then one making risotto at the place we went for dinner. Or was that a scene from Ratatouille, which for some reason we always watch when we get together? (the reason being that I love it)


I was really impressed with the construction they've done around Wrigley, mostly the opening of Hotel Zachary, which provided a clean, quiet bathroom before the game when you don't want to deal with the sticky floors and jello pushing shotgirls at the Cubby Bear. I was shocked to see that jello shots are still a thing; actually, judging by the sheer number of shots the girls had on the trays, they're not still a thing.

Another successful sister reunion in the books, made more special by the fact that it's the last one before the baby comes. From now on, we'll have to plan our trips around baby friendly locales. Eh, on second thought, babies are everywhere these days. It's almost weird not to see a baby at the bar. At least that's what I'll tell Maureen when we're planning our next girls trip.

Comments