Woke Up Wrong Wednesday

Soooo not feeling it today. I’m pretty disgruntled, to say the least. And the worst part is, there’s no real reason. Can I just use the ol’ standby about how the weather dictates my mood? Gray day, gray mood, blah blah blah.

(Not to downplay SAD or anything, but come on. It doesn’t take a scientist to conclude that waking up to the sun streaming through your window is slightly more pleasant than waking up with your alarm blaring b/c you thought it was the middle of the night due to the dark and stormy skies).

Instead of riding this blah mood out, I figured what better way to spin it into a good mood than list some things that are going my way. Dalai Lama, I am not; but it’s only 9:30 and I can’t take another second of my self-loathing misery.

So here goes nothing:

- It wasn’t actually raining on my commute in. It was overcast as shit, but I didn’t need my umbrella or wellies. And I see some blue out my window now, so if the sky can turn its mood around, so can I.

- It’s Zumba Wednesday! I missed it last week for a work lunch, so I’m ready to get my merengue on today. These hips are those of a white girls don’t lie, for sure.

- Two weeks exactly until my birthday! Am I the only person who still thinks birthdays are worth celebrating after 21? We’ll see when I hit the dirty 30, but for now, I’m a total woo-girl about my birthday.

- The reason I’m so stoked for my birthday has absolutely everything to do w/ the trip B and I have planned for that week. See you soon, Aloha State!


- The antivirus on my laptop is about to expire. This alone isn’t rainbows and butterflies, but it does warrant a trip to Office Max. That would be exciting enough alone, but Office Max is neighbors w/ Target, Old Navy and Gap. Cue the rainbows and butterflies.

Well, whaddya know? I can already feel my eyebrows lifting from the permanent furrow they’ve been in all morning.

If this good mood doesn’t last, there’s some Famous Amos in the kitchen w/ my name on ‘em. Seriously, is there anything cookies can’t fix?

Comments

Unknown said…
How old are you going to be??
Hope your Wednesday perks up! I'm pretty sure it will during Zumba :)
Stephanie said…
hey hey almost birthday!! That's definitely reason enough for things to be looking up but a potential Target trip? Can't win any more than that ;)
Brigid said…
@Stephy: I'll be 26. I can still safely say I'm in my mid-twenties, right?

Zumba def helped w/ the day...and the sun came out full effect! Happy Hump Day after all!

@Stephanie: I know, right? A trip to Target always makes the day better. My bank account might have less, but my closet/medicine cabinet/kitchen table will be overflowing, haha!