My Resolution is in the Bag

Ah, another year gone. And so begins the new year, ripe w/ fresh starts and clean slates. I've got a feeling 2014 is going to be a pretty good one. I resolve to make it a good one. I'm going to go out on a limb and make a really scary resolution: guys, in 2014 I resolve to get married. I know, I know, girls are always saying this is going to be the year they find the one and fall in love blah blah blah. I'm going to up the ante and say this is the year I'm going to tie the knot. Gulp.

Oh wait, I really am getting married this year. Phew. There goes any work towards my New Year's resolution. It certainly beats wrestling w/ the billion other people who joined a gym today for the last spot in spin class. 

I've got high hopes for 2014, but it will be pretty hard to top 2013. The last few days alone were epic. Filled with tropical Christmas trees and gingerbread kebabs.



And Faux iPhone engagement pics.



 
An SU game, complete w/ nachos. Lots of nachos.



And it just wouldn't be a McCarthy Christmas w/out car bombs. Brent claims he "doesn't do" 
car bombs, but look how much he loves 'em.


It's always sad to say goodbye to Christmas. The most wonderful time of the year dead and gone for another 365 days. Nothing to look forward to now until St. Patty's day, a long, looooong two and a half months from now. It's all I can do to not buy out Stop n' Shop's entire aisle of half-priced Christmas candy. This should get me through Three Kings Day. 

Comments

Stephanie said…
Discounted candy tastes even better than full price candy. And now I want nachos... I definitely don't want to get married in 2014, but I do want to eat those nachos...
Brigid said…
my discounted candy is ALL GONE if that's any indication of how good it tastes. and now I want nachos again...