Bachelorette

oh hey, remember me? 

Without further ado and lacking explanations as to my whereabouts on this little blog for the past few months weeks, I’m going to dive headfirst into this post; my shower and bachelorette weekend!

My sister and I got into Syracuse last Friday night, and I went to my friends’ house straightaway so she could practice my hair for the wedding. The wedding, which is approaching much quicker than I care for, to be quite frank; not only have I not lost the required ten pounds, I think I’ve packed on a few extra from all the eating. Stress eating? Is what you’d assume from wedding planning and school and work? Nope, just my normal appetite turned up twelve octaves from all the activity in my life, like wedding planning and school and work. 

Who cares, I’m going to be a beautiful bride…is what they tell me. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. 

So I'm at my friends house and she's doing my hair and we're talking about the plan for tomorrow night.

Alissa: What are you going to wear?
Me: Ooh! I got these new snakeskin wedges I'm pumped about, and a new shirt! It's supposed to be really nice, so I'll probably end up in shorts -
Alissa: What? Shorts?!
Me: Um, yeah...
Alissa: Hello, it's your bachelorette party! Are you kidding me w/ the shorts? You need to wear a dress.
Me: Well, I didn't pack a dress for going out in. I'm fine w/ jeans -
(Alissa grabs my arm and pulls me into her room where I try on dresses until I find I like)
Me: Cute, this will definitely go w/ the blazer I brought!
Alissa: Wait, now there's a blazer? We're going to be dancing in bars, you're not wearing a blazer.
Me: Girl, I will rock that blazer (and, hello, did you see that first picture? I did).

I know everyone says this about the people in their lives, but I really mean it when I say I have the best family/friends/future in-laws. My college friends drove up from NYC, my future in-laws drove down from New Hampshire, and one of my sisters braved the shitshow that was O’Hare airport last weekend and somehow amazingly made it out of Chicago. The shower was at my aunt’s house and it couldn’t have been better weather. The end of September can be a little iffy, but I seriously lucked out.



The shower was so much fun, due to the awesome planning my ‘maids did, and the awesome group of ladies in attendance. The sangria didn’t hurt, either.

My aunt tied some balloons on her mailbox so everyone would know where the party was, and as the festivities were dying down, she suggested we release them in her backyard, sending our wishes skyward. I’m not normally down w/ releasing non-biodegradables into the ecosphere, but I wasn’t about to pass up that sweet photo shoot.



After the shower, it was back to my parents’ house to pregame for the bachelorette. I probably shouldn’t admit this, but I would have been fine boozing in my parent’s basement, playing drinking games and dancing to Pandora all night. It was so much fun




But I did want to take my new shoes out on the town, so out we went. One of my bridesmaids, who I’ve known literally my whole life b/c our parents are best friends, offered her dad to be our DD, and he took that shit seriously. He rented a van, stocked it w/ Bud Light and water bottles, and was on call for the whole night. I wish I had been a fly on the wall in that van (b/c as much as I liked to say I wasn’t that drunk, there’s quite a bit I don’t remember about the night, including some of our raucous van discussions). 

The only thing I'd change about the weekend would have been to take more pictures (not that I didn’t get some cute ones, as evidenced above). I just wish I had more, b/c it was one of the best weekends I’ve ever had, filled w/ all my favorite people (minus you, BB). And my new shoes didn't even make it into a picture #regrets

Comments

Yeewuz said…
I'm a big fan of the blazer.