Ten Tidbits

bonus tidbit: I enjoy posing w/ elephant statues at zoos

I don’t like my foods touching
It’s not OCD level, and I’ll grub on casseroles and pies all day errday. It’s more when there are separate items on my plate, I like them to stay separate. Protein and starch and veggie, stay in your own area, capiche? 

I don’t like to charge my phone until it’s practically dead 
20% and in the red? Psssh, that’s nothing. I refuse to charge my phone if it’s not under 10%, and I try to get it down to 1-2% before I charge. Sometimes it’s a problem b/c Brent’s all, why aren’t you using your phone and I’m like, I was saving it b/c it was 7% and he’s like why did I marry you.

I like to go as long as I can go w/out charging my phone
Like the weird habit above, I can’t really explain this one. It’s like a badge of honor for me to not charge my phone every. single. day like everyone else. I usually charge it every other day, and if I can make it another few hours past that, it puts me in a really great, superior mood. 

I like my underwear to match my outfit
Don’t be fooled, my bra and underwear don’t have to match (I think I have one set of matching bra and underwear). But I like to have my underwear go relatively well w/ my outfit. That’s why I have a lot of black, not b/c it’s sexy, b/c it goes w/ everything. One of my sisters mentioned she had this preference too and I was like, no way, fellow weirdo!

I don’t drink coffee
I don’t want to be a slave to something I’d have to drink every day just to get up and function. Probably b/c I think this coffee obsessed society that’s all “don’t talk to me until I drink my coffee” is bullshit. 

I wash my hair about once a week 
This one isn’t that weird for people w/ thick, coarse hair. People w/ baby fine hair like me? Usually have to wash it more. I think though years of laziness I’ve “trained” it to look semi less greasy than it normally should for how long I go in between washes (or so I tell myself), and I wear headbands at work to cover up the worst of it. Just to be clear: I shower every day. 

I don’t take my bra off when I’m home alone
I don’t know why this is a thing among women, or if it’s just a few women who think this and others go along w/ it. I’ve been out w/ a group of women on more than one occasion where this came up, how they take their bras off as soon as they get home. I was very confused. Why are you wearing such an uncomfortable bra? Isn’t it even more uncomfortable to walk around w/ your boobs swinging around? Do you have to take your top off, or are you proficient enough to slide it out underneath your shirt? And if so, can you show me how, b/c I’ve never been able to do that sexily.

Artificial banana makes me gag
This is probably the result of a 99 Banana shots off a few years ago. Bananas are one of my favorite fruits, but they need to be the real deal. Artificial banana flavoring tastes nothing like bananas and should be outlawed. 

I eat M&Ms in a certain order 
Brown, yellow, orange, green, red, blue. Who remembers the old colors, when they had two browns -light and dark- and the blue wasn’t around yet? Then the order was light brown, dark brown, yellow, orange, green, red. I have a skittles order, too, though I can’t remember the last time I ate skittles. Starbursts? Orange, yellow, pink, red. Give me alllllll the pink and reds. 

I never had the chicken pox 
My mom thinks I became immune to it when I was little through one escapade w/ my sisters or another. I was exposed to it at school various times but never had them. Hopefully it doesn’t come back to bite me as shingles one day.

Comments

Stephanie said…
I like fellow weirdos, because I too have never had the chicken pox and eat my M&Ms in order. Green last though, because green tastes the best. I am a slave to coffee though. On the weekends I forget to make it right away and then I get snippy and John very delicately asks '... have you had coffee yet?' It's a real problem.

Also, you can only get shingles if you've had chicken pox, so we are both safe my friend.
Brigid said…
@Steph: what a relief about shingles! I thought it was some second coming of chicken pox that was going to get me when I was old and vulnerable.

do you really think the different color M&Ms taste different? I just like grouping and eating them according to my color preferences, but now I'm going to have to pay attention to how they taste!