Some Summer Product Faves


I've been getting a lot of questions about my skincare routine, so I thought I'd break it down for you guys. 

LOL 

This has been said by a lot of bloggers; I am not one of them. But I've been loving these products lately and wanted to give them a shout. I'm always interested in seeing the brands and price range other people use b/c I'm nosy AF, but this type of post has been hanging around the blog-osphere for years, so it must pique people's interests. I think we're all a little nosy. 

Face - Neutrogena Age Shield Face Sunscreen
You can't have a skin care post without the bedrock of every skin care routine: sunscreen. I picked this up at CVS b/c one of the zillion CVS coupons my receipt printed was for 20% off Neutrogena products and I loved that this was SPF 70. Since it's specifically for your face, it doesn't leave your face feeling greasy, and I haven't been breaking out (yet).
Arms - CeraVe SA Cream for Rough and Bumpy Skin
I've had red bumps on the back of my arms for as long as I can remember. A Google search years ago called them "chicken skin" (not the technical term) and assured me how common they were. I've never really been embarrassed by them b/c a lot of women have them. The other day in my Explore page in Instagram, I saw a skin care brand I've been hearing a lot about lately, so I went to their page and fell down the skin care rabbit hole. My chicken skin burned with shame. I bought this at CVS yesterday and have already noticed a difference. The bumps aren't gone, but the redness has decreased quite a bit. I'm hopeful to see what they look like in a few weeks. 

Feet
As someone who still wears the dollar Old Navy flip-flops, my feet take a lot of wear-and-tear in the summer. I haven't bought a pair of these in years; I have two pairs that are still hanging in there, a shocking accomplishment considering they were 99 cents from Old Navy. It's also shocking that I can't bear to throw them out, since they were 99 cents from Old Navy, but I digress. My feet were looking quite jenky back in May, with the flops being worn more. Instead of buying pricey foot cream, I've been putting lotion on them after I shower. Of all the things that have happened this year, I'd say my feet finally looking and feeling smooth is one of the most surprising. There's no product to plug here b/c I think the lesson is this: any lotion on your feet will work better than no lotion on your feet.

Scalp - Matrix Biolage Scalp Sync Anti-Dandruff Shampoo and Conditioner 
It's not the middle of winter anymore, but my scalp was really dry back in April. I ordered this shampoo and conditioner and have been loving the results. I used it every other day when I first started, and cut back to 2-3 times a week. It smells and works great.                                                                 

Comments

Sarah said…
My whole facial routine is with CeraVe products. I'm glad to know the Rough and Bumpy lotion
works well. I've considered buying it.
Brigid said…
@Sarah I've had success w/ it. The skin isn't totally smooth, but it's a lot better than what it was. I think it's something you have to use with consistency, which I've been lacking, but can't blame the product for that.
Anne said…
Random piece of info: your chicken skin is called keratosis pilaris.
(File that under "things you didn't know and probably didn't need to know...")
I used to have it, but don't anymore. Huh. I did change my diet - no meat, but I still eat fish, dairy, and eggs - about 8 years ago, so maybe that did something? Anyway, thanks for sharing these! Love high SPF face sunscreen. :)
Unknown said…
@Anne, I think I knew that! Or at least heard it before when I looked into how to get it under control, haha. That's awesome that it just disappeared in your case! I gotta use the high SPF sunscreen all over, or I burn after 5 minutes in the sun = (