Currently

Reading...
The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah. I've only read a few of her books, but they were amazing, and this one is, too. It's about a struggling family in the 1930's dust bowl and their decision to go out to California. Sounds riveting, right? It really is. It's also so sad, and I'm going to finish it tonight and know I'll be sobbing.

Listening to...
The Kindest Lie by Nancy Johnson. It's a novel; "a layered, complex exploration of race and class." Having said that, I now sound like a Trumper saying I'm not loving it. It's passing the time just fine, but it isn't packing the punch I wanted.

Eating...
Matzah ball soup by the gallon. I've never had this until recently, so I'm trying to make up for years of neglect. The weird spring weather we've been having where it's sunny but not warm and then cold and rainy the next day is perfect for this obsession.

Watching...
We usually watch a Modern Family when we eat dinner, and I've been watching the newest season of Younger here and there. It's always been cute and entertaining, and I guess this is the last season? Brent and I watched This is A Robbery, about the art heist at the Isabella Stewart Gardner museum last week. I thought I'd like it more, being in Boston, but I fell asleep for like two of the episodes.

Planning...
Nothing.....yet. I'm hoping for a trip to Syracuse this summer and Chicago in the fall, but things are still quiet on the travel front for now. Hopefully we can take some day trips this summer; New England has so many great places that are only a short drive from Boston.

Prepping...
Chicken for days. I baked two massive chicken breasts last night to shred for the week before I realized that I only wanted to bake one and the other was going to be an attempt at chicken katsu. Whomp whomp. We had chicken quesadillas tonight that were really good and plenty of the ingredients for another night of 'dillas, so at least we'll go through the chicken.

Considering...
Learning Spanish. It would be so helpful at work with all the Spanish speakers. I had an app on my phone a few years ago, but I didn't invest any real time into it. Is Rosetta Stone still a thing?

Regretting...
Not taking Spanish in high school. Not that I would remember anything (since I barely remember any French), but it might have provided a base for this new endeavor.

Craving...
Ice cream all the damn time. I tell myself it's because of my gum grafts and that I want to avoid the crunchy chocolate bars, but I know it's because I'm prepping my stomach for summer and all the dairy I'll be consuming. I usually stick to my Ben and Jerry favorites, Phish Food or Cherry Garcia, but I ventured out of my comfort zone and tried The Tonight Dough last week. Thanks for the rec, Sarah, it lives up to the hype!

Loving...
The masks I got on sale at Target a few weeks ago. They have adjustable ear straps, cute patterns, and cover most of my face. When I have a massive zit on my chin, like I did last week, I love them even more.

What are you currently up to?

Comments

Anne said…
It's not a day if it doesn't include ice cream. Just sayin'.

Also, I haven't read the Four Winds yet, but from all the reviews and comments I am seeing, I'd better have an entire box of tissues available when I do...

I am still not giving up my masks, even though I'm well past my two-week wait after my 2nd shot. I know we'll have to use them again come winter, plus it's like a security blanket at this point. Hiding half of my face (or more) is just a bonus. :)
Brigid said…
@Anne: All the best days include ice cream = ) The Four Winds is a tearjerker, especially the ending. The mask mandate is lifted a lot of places here, but it's still weird to not have it to hide behind anymore.