Oops, 3 More Resolutions I Forgot


In my hurry to write two posts last week and not have a failed resolution w/in the first week of the new year, I kinda sorta forgot to mention the rest of my resolutions. 


All right, the post was a total flop. That last resolution? About organizing all the closets in my house? Was never even on my radar, I just felt like I needed something else. I will say though, since having written that post, I went through my closet and donated two bags of clothes and organized the entryway closet this morning, so it is now on my radar and the closets will be looking better in 2018.

I certainly don’t intend to write crap just to write crap and meet my self-imposed 2 posts a week goal. If that starts happening, I’ll just skip over that resolution on my quest for self-improvement. But writing has always been an outlet for me and something I really enjoy, so I hope I can keep it up, at least for a respectable part of the year. 

That being said, there are three more resolutions I hope to achieve this year:

Limit television 
Not having cable helps w/ this, but sometimes I get caught up binge watching crap (er, Vanderpump Rules). Most shows I really want to watch are ones Brent’s interested in too, and we watch an episode or two in the evenings. For January at least, I’m cutting out TV from the time I’m home from work until I pick up Brent from the train (usually between 2-3 hours). I plan to use this time working out, preparing dinner, and getting back into the blogging swing.

One in, one out
I can’t remember where I read this -most likely a book on decluttering- but it really stuck w/ me and I’m finally going to start doing it: when something new comes in the house, something old has to go. If the something new is a gift I don’t want, I’ll just donate it. Over the weekend, I bought some pajamas at Old Navy, and earlier this week I went through my closet and tossed some raggedy ass pajamas I’ve been hanging onto since college. This resolution should limit the crap I bring in and also be the boost I need to get rid of tired old items when a replacement comes along. 

“Read” 75 books
“Read” in quotations because I’ll be counting audiobooks, too. I track my books on Goodreads and in 2017 I read 74 books. I was going to make my resolution for this year 80 books, but I don’t want to set myself up for failure, since I didn’t take any long breaks from reading and don’t know how many more I can squeeze in. Maybe the limited TV watching will help. Look at all this resolution synergy I didn’t even plan on!

Comments

Yeewuz said…
Much like that faux-rice from last night, I knew immediately that you had done something to the entryway closet. All the hangers were on MY side. #mamaaintraisenofool
Brigid said…
sheesh, I wasn't trying to hide anything. I'd recycle all those hangers if it were up to me, but I know I can't get rid of anything w/out asking you first #marriedtoapackrat