The Resolution Post

When I was checking my phone the day after my friends wedding, this was the only picture. This is not a girl who has her shit together. 

I’m still a little bitter about how 2017 got away from me like it did. Besides going totally AWOL on my own blog, I’m behind on reading the other blogs I regularly visit and need to spend some quality time catching up.

Which brings me to my current post: resolutions. I know a lot of people probably posted about these in December, when they were looking ahead to the new year, but I march to my own drum over here at the Babbler. Read: I don’t have my shit together. 

2018: the year I get my shit together. 

Possibly. I’ve set some pretty lofty goals for myself. 

January:

-No sugar
After eating my weight in peanut M&Ms and Christmas cookies, I’m in desperate need of a sugar ban. I was playing w/ the idea of doing a Whole 30, but Brent and I went to Qdoba for lunch on January 1st and not ordering queso at Qdoba is out of the question. I’m not doing the Whole 30 no sugar restrictions; I’ll still be eating fruit and carbs. I’m going to (try my hardest to) 86 chocolate and cookies, mostly just to see if I can.

-No alcohol 
Pretty self explanatory. See ya in February, old friend.

2018 Continued:

-Blog twice a week 
This one will definitely be the hardest. After cutting out sugar. And booze. Gah, why did I make these so hard? I know two posts a week doesn’t sound like much, but I’ve been disappearing for months weeks at a time, so I’d like to keep some consistency.

-Work out five times a week
I’ve been doing this through the end of 2017 and feeling good about it, so fingers crossed this is an easy one to keep. 

-Organize all closets
(except Brent's, he’s on his own) My closet is pretty organized, but I can definitely minimize my wardrobe, which I plan on doing this year. We have two guest room closets, a linen closet and a closet in our bathroom. I can tell you right now what’s in them, but it’d be more of an overview and I want to have a handle on everything so I stop buying things we already have (I’m looking at you, eight bottles of hand soap) and forgetting what we need (hello, magic erasers).

Comments

Stephanie said…
I haven't had sugar since before Halloween, surprisingly not that hard for me. I guess I just don't like it (I've always hated fruit.)
YAY for closet organizing, you know how I feel about that!
Brigid said…
I can't even imagine that, not liking sugar. Great job in kicking it to the curb for 4 months, I'm hoping I can make it 4 weeks!
You'll be happy to know I've already been through my closet and gotten rid of two bulging bags of clothes and reorganized the coat closet this morning, whoop whoop!