Polka Dot Preoccupation!

I’m not a fashionista. I don’t drool over the current issue of Vogue, and I don’t pretend to know the latest styles. Yeah, I like certain trends (can’t get me out of my favorite skinny jeans), but I’m not a slave to fashion. I thought half of Carrie Bradshaw’s outfits were ridiculous, and would never wear something just because it was “in” if I looked terrible in it (hello, those flow-y boatneck crop tops that I wish I could pull off).

When I watch Fashion Police on E! my picks for best and worst dressed never mirror the judges (then again, maybe I’m glad I don’t have the same taste as Kelly Osbourne). But just because I’m not a style maven doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate a great look. And Natalie Portman’s Oscar dress is my latest obsession.


photo courtesy of celebuzz.com

How cute is she in that?! I love the red on her, and I love love LOVE the polka dots! It’s simple, adorable and sophisticated all at once. I swooned all over her on the red carpet pre-show and thought those polka dots would put her on all the worst-dressed lists. So you can imagine my surprise when I was scanning the lists yesterday and see her voted over and over as one of the top-dressed. Finally, my fashion sense was spot on. And now I have an even better reason to rock some polka dots. If it's good enough for Natalie and Minnie, then it's good enough for me.


Comments