The Whirlwind of December

Yeesh, 2017 really got away from me there. My blogging game was back for a while and then I fell off the wagon again. On the wagon? Off the wagon? Is the wagon good to be on, or is the goal to be off it? This kind of babbling is the namesake of my blog, you must know that by now. 

I fell behind on my blog reading at the end of the year, too, but when I was checking up on old favorites, a common theme was looking ahead to the new year and goals for 2018. I’m all about that shit. Making a to-do list and crossing things off? Count me in. I planned a resolution post that I never got around to writing. I had lofty 2018 goals that I’ve already botched. In lieu of coming here today w/ actual content, I decided I’d come and post all the pictures I wanted to post earlier in December of all the plans we had that kept me from blogging.

We had a wedding in the middle of the month that was absolutely gorgeous. The cutest little church, the rustic yet chic lodge, and the most beautiful bride. Seriously, her pictures are out of a brochure for convincing people to get married in the cold. It was a girlfriend from college, so the weekend was a total blast from the past. Shacking up w/ old roommates, drinking in the common area, white cheddar popcorn strewn all over the rug. You know, junior year in a nutshell. This time we had a fire roaring in the cabin and we didn’t have to hide the microwave. Or the beers. We’re officially adults. 



The wedding was downstate New York, so Brent and I took a train into the city the next day to see New York in it’s full-on Christmas sweater. So did five hundred million other people, judging by the standing room only on our train ride and the throngs of people in line to skate at Rockefeller Center. Suckers.

I knew better than to wait in line for anything clichéd like that. I’m only waiting in line for the good shit, like cookie dough and New York pizza. 


Although you could call standing around Rockefeller center for 20 minutes trying to get a good picture of the tree waiting in line, so we’re suckers after all. 


After the mass hysteria of the New York winter markets, the Boston winter market was a nice change of pace. We went on Christmas Eve, which had nothing to do w/ the smaller crowds. 



My family was in town for a few days the week between Christmas and New Year’s, and we went to a festival of lights in a neighboring town. The best part was the nativity collection they’ve amassed over the years, w/ nativity scenes from all over the world. My favorite was one from right here in the good ol’ US of A; tell me this Alaskan nativity isn’t what childhood claymation movies are made of: walrus and a seal and a penguin and a polar bear?! In scarves?! Baby Jesus in that Eskimo ensemble?! Hashtag adorbs.    




Comments

Yeewuz said…
Just for the record, I have a neck.