Finding My Groove Again? Probably Not

this picture has nothing to do w/ my post, but would you look at the size of that lemon? in case you can't tell from the lack of scale, trust me, it's massive

Brent called me out on my blogging earlier today - er, my lack of blogging - so I raced to the computer to tap out a post and rub his nose in it. Because isn't that what a marriage is; someone calling you out on your bullshit and then you petulantly proving them wrong? 

I did have some blog inspiration yesterday during my run. I thought to myself, I really should have prepared better for this run in the middle of a heat wave. Pro tip: the best way to prep for a hot weather run is to just avoid physical exertion altogether. Then I thought about how I could write about the extra running precautions to take while running in extreme weather conditions, but it all seemed douchey, like I was just trying to brag about how much of a badass I was for not letting a puny 100 degree heat index ruin my run. Kind of like I'm doing now. 

Despite feeling like I was running through an oven the entire time, it felt a teensy bit good to be out there since I haven't gone for a run since May. Remember my post on conquering the treadmill? LOL.

I could blame it on the relaxed summer vibe or the oppressive heat, but the truth is I've been enjoying my lapse from running and blogging and other things that started to feel like chores. While I'm not ready to jump back into 12 miles and 2 posts a week, I'm ready for the changes September brings. Shorter, cooler days and basic fall blog content is just around the corner.

Comments