New Phone, Who Dis

actual picture of my old phone, according to the Verizon rep 

After putting it off for waaaaay too long, Brent and I went to Verizon for new phones this past weekend. I was rocking the iPhone 6 and Brent had the 5S. It was time.

They were older models that suited us perfectly fine until they didn't. The volume on mine had been effed for awhile; the button to silence it didn't work anymore and it would be pinging all day if it wasn't in airplane mode. Brent's would go from a fully charged battery to dying before lunchtime.

After looking up the trade in value and seeing that they were collectively worth about ten cents, we decided to keep our old ones "just in case." I know it's a dangerous phrase and I try not to live my life by it, but this actually was a "just in case" scenario. I never back my phone up on the cloud (literally have no idea what this even means) and couldn't transfer everything over. I needed to go through my old phone contact by contact and app by app, which was actually a great way to get rid of dated contacts (like our wedding coordinator from 5 years ago) and apps (haven't downloaded facebook on the new phone yet and hopefully won't be ever).

While it's nice having a phone with better battery life and normal sound capabilities, it was a bummer to lose all my old text chains and pictures. I had that phone for over five years. I planned a wedding with that phone. We moved into our first house with that phone. We took our first international trip with that phone. I took the last ever picture of Binx on that phone. It was just a phone, but it captured incredible milestones, some that I'm sad to never get back and some that I wish I would rather forget.

One good thing that came from all of this is the motivation to step up my blogging and Instagram game now that I have a really good camera. I haven't posted anything yet, so that's promising.

Comments