Always Add More Sprinkles

I’m off the wagon. Hard. M&M’s and pop-tarts, Taco Bell and Qdoba. Yes, that’s right; my first two meals off the Whole30 were Taco Bell and Qdoba. Tex Mex addiction, much? If you consider Taco Bell Tex Mex, which most people probably wouldn’t. I just consider it delicious. And as I was stuffing my face with it the other night I was asking myself why I would ever deny myself such happiness.

To make up for the nacho and cheese overload charging through my digestive tract, I had to get some sugar in there, stat. Unfortunately, my cupboards weren’t stocked w/ my usual baking needs after three weeks of Whole30. I had to make some tweaks to the delicious vision I had in my head. Which really wasn’t an exact vision, per se, but a concoction of chocolate and sugar and peanut butter drizzled w/ more chocolate and sugar and peanut butter. My improvisation included almost none of that (damn Whole30 grocery list).

But it was still delicious; and I’m not just saying that b/c I haven’t had sugar since the first week of January and anything would have tasted delicious at this point (but probably).

I had a lonely box of cake mix kicking around, so I decided some sort of cake mix cookie bar was my best bet. Pinterest wasn’t its usual helpful self; in fact, it was downright snarky, showing off all these recipes that featured cake mix at the very bottom of the recipe, after butter and sugar and flour and normal cookie ingredients; hello, I’m using cake mix b/c I’m not trying to deal w/ all that ish.

So I give you: the lazy ass way to get your sugar fix. Sorry I can’t give you exact measurements; I wasn’t thinking straight at this point and needed this to be made and cooled and inhaled immediately (who am I kidding, I didn’t wait for these jammies to cool).

Lazy Ass Cookie Cake Bars 

You’ll need:
-1 box of white cake mix (I had French Vanilla, which was only about three quarters of the way full, after using some of it back in November when I made cake pop truffles)
-1 large egg
-¾ cup Greek yogurt 
-½ teaspoon vanilla extract (I used the imitation stuff)
-½ cup canola oil
-½ cup white chocolate chips and rainbow sprinkles 

Here’s what you’ll do:
-Preheat oven to 350. 
-Combine cake mix, egg, yogurt, vanilla extract and oil in a bowl. Mix that shit up (no need to dirty your KitchenAid). Once combined, add your chips and sprinkles (if I made these again I would add hella more sprinkles). 
-Pour in pan (I used a round cake pan) and bake 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. 
-Allow to cool, or just eat ooey gooey out the oven.

Comments

Sarah said…
For some reason this reminds me of the sista reunion at my house when we bought that industrial sized tub of cookie dough and put it in cake pans in the oven and the outside was crunchy but the inside was gooey. Delish.

Welcome back to cheese and sugar!

FWIW, I have been eating chocolate chips like they are one of the food groups.
Brigid said…
haha, that was our best food decision ever! (right behind your colonel's meal)

mmmm, chocolate chips....