Breakfast Crack

It’s shaping up to be one hell of a hump day around here. This is quite a pleasant surprise after getting hardly six hours of sleep last night. I don’t know how people function with only a few hours of sleep at night, I’m usually a crank if I get less than seven. It’s the one thing from childhood that stuck w/ me, besides three square meals (punctuated by lots of snacking); eight solid hours of sleep a day makes for a happy camper.

So yeah, running on six hours of siesta and pretty much killin’ it. Cleaned the house, changed Binxy’s box, huffed through a Jillian Michaels boot camp sesh. After using the last of the trash bags, I walked to Family Dollar for some more, where my day really picked up. 

I needed some colored pencils for class and small notebooks for work, which were both a whopping $2. I even splurged for some Sharpies, if you can call $2.75 for a two-pack a splurge. I was debating between going with a fun color scheme, like pink and teal, or keeping it basic with black, and after spending about ten minutes in that damn office supply aisle, went w/ classic black. They’re for work, so I don’t want to overstep w/ neon labels too early on in the game.

Family Dollar was redoing the aisles and in my quest for finding the trash bags, I wandered into the cereal section. If I could only eat one thing for the rest of my life, it might have to be cereal. There are just so many options; Cheerios alone has like ten varieties. I’m used to the ones like “Magic Marshmallows” and “Krispy Rice” b/c cereal is hella pricey. Seeing signs announcing $2.50 for select General Mills cereals had me about ready to cartwheel it up and down the aisle. I grabbed a Lucky Charms and Cinnamon Toast Crunch and got the hell out of there before I spent all my money on breakfast crack. 

Seriously, tell me this isn’t as fun addictive as crack. That old man knows exactly what he’s peddling.

Comments