A Goals Recap That Recaps Nothing


Is anyone else still reeling from the holiday? I didn’t even get nuts w/ the sparklers or red, white and blue jello shots, but my sense of time is still all askew; I thought it was Thursday for a good part of my morning. I know some of this is b/c of our trip to San Francisco next week that I am BEYOND excited about, but I’ll just blame the mid-week 4th of July for the rest of my confusion. Starting the month off like that really cramps my productivity, and before I know it, it’s the middle of July. Summer can slow down anytime now. 

Since I’m still catching up on things (read: being lazy) around here, a nice easy recap seemed the logical choice for today’s post. 

Hey, Brigid! I know you’re thinking. How did you do on the June goals you set for yourself? Why, thank you for asking! Let’s take a look:

1. Work out five times a week 
Happy to announce that I’m back on the workout wagon. I’ve gotten in the habit of changing into my workout clothes as soon as I get home, so if I have phone calls to make or cleaning to catch up on, I have no excuse when I’m done with those tasks to start my workout. I didn’t mark off days on a calendar, but I know I averaged working out 5-6 times a week. If I was pressed for time, I did level 1 of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. As strong as the call of the couch is, I always have at least half an hour to give.

2. Eat less junk 
This one was nice and ambiguous, just how I like my goals. Seriously, why did I even list this one? I’d say I must have eaten less junk since I was working out more, so the time that I could have spent shoveling ice cream into my mouth was replaced by some squats, but other than that, my eating habits haven’t really changed. One of these times I’m going to have to stop self-sabotaging and list an achievable goal, like stop snacking on dessert scraps at work. Bam, a goal I can actually monitor. Eating less junk? I’d say I was only marginally successful here. 

3. Cook dinner four nights a week
Again, since I didn’t actually track anything, I’m sitting here at my computer w/ my head cocked to the side, trying to remember the meals Brent and I had over the last month. I wanna say we met this goal? Wow, I’m really not good at this.

4. Post one recipe a week
Finally, a goal I can track and see my progress on! According to my blog archives, I posted four recipes in June; pizza dough, spinach and ricotta Stromboli, graham crackers and lemon curd. Nailed it.

Comments