The Shortest Piece on Coronavirus You Will Ever Read


You know what’s a great feeling? Forgetting that you set any New Year’s resolutions. As Peter LaFleur would say, “I found that if you have a goal, you might not reach it. But if you don't have one, then you are never disappointed.” Go watch Dodgeball if you didn’t get that reference, and then wonder what you’re doing with your life that you haven’t seen one of the greatest cinematic masterpiece of our time.

I need to remember January and all the shiny new hope that comes with it is a trap. I need to be honest with myself and set one or two goals instead of making a laundry list of things I’m going to forget on January 2nd. So far in 2020 I’ve made zero gratitude lists and have no volunteer opportunities coming up. Go team.

On a positive note, I’ve made some headway with my Boston restaurant bucket list. Brent and I are slowly but surely crossing places off and finding new ones to explore. I started a new Instagram account as the bostonbabbler, where I am writing more. Emojis and comments count as writing, right? Follow along @bostonbabbler for all of Boston’s best food news #shamelessplug 

It’s only March, so I’m going to feign some optimism here. I still have a chance to turn this around. It’s hard when every headline is about the end of the world, though. Coronavirus, which sounds like a poorly named frat party or SNL skit, is hitting hard. The Mayor just canceled the St. Patrick’s Day parade, which was going to be held on Sunday. No St. Paddy’s day parade in Boston is like no beer at a Red Sox game; shit just got real.

Comments