St. Patty's Post

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!!! Like a true Irish girl I’m whooping it up at a pub with the rest of Boston hungover on my couch eating and watching junk.

One of my favorite bloggers Stephanie posted a link to these Car Bomb cupcakes a few days ago and I bookmarked them ASAP. Friday night I ran out to get all the ingredients. 

The main players: 


How amazing is Steph; she outlines the traditional recipe and an additional easier route she tested herself. I went with the easier route b/c mama didn’t raise no fool. 

I couldn’t believe how easy the whole thing was. I never thought I’d be making fancy things like frosting and ganache. And you know I don’t have any fancy cupcake middle remover tool so I improvised with a butter knife and my finger. 

The finished product. 


They don’t look anywhere near as nice as Stephanie’s. But they tasted pretty damn good to me and B. B said it was one of the best things he’s ever eaten. I don’t know if that was the Guinness talking, but these will definitely get made again. 

Now I’m off to go eat one. 3 o’clock in the afternoon seems as good a time as any to start drinking.

Comments

Stephanie said…
I am so glad you made them and loved them!!! Mmm car bombs and cupcakes, what's not to love?
Brigid said…
I know, right? Two of my favorite things!