Resolving Gratitude in 2020

grateful for these little nuggets, even if they drive me bananas 

All right guys, we're one week into the new year. January is flying and spring will be here before we know it! Just 4 short months until it's nice enough to not have to wear three layers and stuff your pockets with tissues every time you step outside. We got this. 

I, for one, am waking up today in much better shape than I was on January 1st, and not because I was hungover AF with a pounding headache and vomit bag to start the new decade. Brent and I had a great New Year's Eve, but we hit our drunkest around 8pm and were home watching Dodgeball by 10pm. It's not what we planned, but it was very much our speed. 

Fast forward to 3:30am January 1st when I'm awoke from my sleep by a splitting pain in my tailbone. After shifting around in bed for an hour, I move out to the couch thinking I'll be able to get more comfortable. Every few years now this debilitating back pain seems to crop up, sending me to the ER in hopes that they might give me some indication as to what the fuck's wrong with me. X-Rays and a CAT Scan showed nothing, which they assured me was good news. I'll just suffer with no known treatment or ways to avoid this in the future? That is good news! 

Long story short, I'm staring off 2020 with my best resolution yet: gratitude. I've been meaning to practice gratitude for some time now after hearing that it does wonders for your attitude and mental health. I always put it off, convinced I needed some fancy gratitude journal from Etsy. Turns out all you need is some self-awareness. 

The pain has been slowly dwindling, and last night was the first night I was able to sleep on my back. I'm not at 100% yet, but I'm leaps and bounds better than I was last Wednesday. Starting every morning after assessing the pain (or lack of!) with a huge smile and a small "thank you."

Comments