Mid-August Already?

Hey there, August. Wanna slow the eff down a little? You’re already halfway over.

It’s that time of the month. No, not the gross kind. The time where I always forget when my parent’s anniversary is. I know it’s sometime mid-to-late August. Somewhere in the 17th-24th range. I normally just send a card out on the 15th and am good to go. Except that I kind of forgot to. And I may have forgotten what year they’re celebrating. Damn. I hope my kids aren’t as selfish forgetful.

I came home from work last night and my sister reminded me that we needed to call them. Yesterday was the 16th. I may have been a few days off on my whole 17th-24th range theory. But I came up with a great trick for remembering it in the future. I know it’s in August, which is the eight month. And 16 is eight times two. 8.16! Easy, peasy, mac n’ cheesy. It only took me 25 years to develop that brainchild.

(Mom and Dad, I apologize in advance for forgetting it next year, too. I never said I was good w/ numbers. But since you don’t read my blog, this whole thing is pretty futile).

The only good thing about August flying by is that we’re getting closer and closer to fall. Which means less sweat and more scarves. And my birth month day. You could say I’m excited for fall.

But I’m not ready for summer to be over. Which is why I just booked two tickets for a brunch cruise for B and I on Sunday.



Isn't she pretty? She better be for $80/ticket. Which is why B and I will be brunching w/ this lesser known company.


Just kidding. But seriously. Who cares what the boat looks like? I'm more interested in this.



Buffet and tour included? Can’t wait to see firsthand how Boston became home to one of the cleanest harbors in the country (really? That’s what you put on your website?), while enjoying a mimosa or two. And several servings of french toast sticks.

Our window of opportunity to get out on the water is slowly slipping away. I never did get around to making a friend who owns a boat. Good thing I still have a few more weeks of summer left.

Comments

Sarah said…
quit whining u baby